Monday, August 3, 2009

So, you're going to marry.

Next month my beautiful niece will get married. I wrote this piece for her and her fiancé. In September I will post the one I have written for the wedding.


You're going to marry,
so I hear!
You set the day,
your choice is clear.
He calls you baby,
you call him dear,
all dreams no fear
and your so goo-goo
and he's so gaga,
now pick a cake
a banquet hall,
pictures to take,
a dress for the ball,
and all within budget...

You're going to marry,
so I hear!
Enjoy while you can
the honeymoon suite.
The rings will go on,
the children will come,
they'll laugh and play,
they'll cry and holler,
with bills to pay
and diapers to change.
Oh my so much joy!
How can you stand it?

You're going to marry,
so I hear!
Let my words not discourage,
let me be clear,
the wedding day will come,
the wedding day will go,
and all my prophesies
will come to pass,
and some day your children
will here me say-
-you're going to marry,
so I hear!

No comments: