Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sleep depravation



Midnight, maybe later,
Insomnia sets in.
All to quite and no hope
Of rest and at best I shut my eyes
To keep the light out.
Slumber, my friend from days of old,
Why have you forsaken me so?
Worry my friend anew,
Why do you seek me now?
That dog, that wretched dog,
Needlessly barking, unnecessarily
Shouting out warnings.
And yet, tonight he’s my only companion.
The only one willing to stay up with me
Conversing, sharing his fears.
Hush;
He’s fallen asleep.
Listen.
What do you here?
Quiet!
All is quiet.
And that is precisely the problem.
I should be snoring.

2 comments:

I AM Sue T. said...

Manny - I love your "Sleep Deprivation" poem. That damn dog. LOL.

You have inspired me, since Saturday, to get with it-so-I AM writing more. My mantra is - short and sweet - when writing and my pen name is - I AM Sue T. So, watch for me.

Thanks for the tee-shirt.

It's too big for me
Too small for you
I guess I'll find someone
to give the thing to.

That's my poem for the day. Have a God night. I AM - Sue T.

I AM Sue T. said...

Manny - I love your